Now the Call for Papers for the 2011 Political Communication Section Conference is out. The theme of the Conference is Comparing Political Communication Across Time and Space, and it will be held between October 20-21 in Madrid, Spain. The deadline for abstracts is May 16, 2011.
The full Call for Papers can be downloaded here. We are particularly interested in papers that address the following aspects:
Longitudinal and/or cross-national comparisons
* of the behavior or attitudes of political actors, for example different aspects of political campaigning and of public sector organizations communication (such as governments, parliaments, etc.)
* of the behavior or attitudes of media actors, for example the media coverage of politics and election campaigns.
* of the behavior or attitudes of citizens as they relate to political communication institutions, actors or processes, for example their levels of political knowledge and participation.
* on the relationships between political institutions and actors; media institutions and actors; and the citizenry.
Further, we look for papers that longitudinally or cross-nationally
* address the impact of system-level factors on political communication processes, behaviors, attitudes or linkages.
* test the applicability of theories originated in one context in another context.
Leave a Reply